Registrations Open – 19th ASSITEJ World Congress
International Theatre Festival for Children and Young People
CRADLE OF CREATIVITY
17 – 27 MAY 2017, Cape Town, South Africa
Registration for the Congress is now open!
Early Bird specials (10% discount) will be available for the first 100 bookings.
For registration purposes, different TYPES OF DELEGATES have been identified:
- Cradle delegates: For those wanting to participate in all aspects of the event: the Congress, Conference and Festival, and attending the entire event
- Congress delegates: ASSITEJ members (official delegates to General Assembly) and observers to Congress
- Conference delegates: For delegates to the ITYARN Conference
- Focus Day delegates: For delegates only attending one or more Focus Days
- Festival delegates: For delegates who only want to attend the festival performances, social events etc.
There are three LEVELS OF DELEGATES, each with their own special rates:
- High Income Countries / Developed Nations Delegates
- Middle/Low Income Countries / Developing Nations Delegates (as defined by the World Bank)
- Student Delegates
Each registered delegate will receive a code which entitles them to a certain number of theatre tickets, which can be booked online. However, delegates will be free to also book for additional theatre performances as their programme allows.
Once registered, delegates can attend most events (not performances) on a first-come, first-served basis. However to have guaranteed entry to events, it is recommended that you register correctly for those events.
Accommodation: Cradle of Creativity
There have been many queries about accommodation in Cape Town. The website is now carrying information about the hotels that we will be using for delegates, and the other options available. For those people on a budget, backpacker’s hostels and airbnb options are also available. It would be preferable for delegates to stay in the City Bowl, in walking distance of the main venues, Artscape and City Hall. Please consult the website http://www.assitej2017.org.za/logistics/ for more information.